Barnwell 45 Bands
Our Core Belief:
Music speaks to humans on a fundamental level. No one hears beautiful music and is left unchanged. We, as musicians, have something the world needs. We believe that:
Important Announcement about 10/1 Football Ticket Sales:
- Just like last week, parents of students participating in the game (football, band, cheer, twirlers etc.) will have first dibs on tickets.
- Each Scarlet Knights member will have 2 tickets available for their families.
- Small children are being counted in the attendance numbers and will be required to have a ticket.
- Tickets will be sold Monday and Tuesday (9/28 - 29).
- Band students must buy the ticket so that their name can be marked off the list.
- Any tickets not sold by game day (Thursday morning) will be made available to the public.
- The band will be performing the National Anthem, Pre-Game and in the stands during the game. We are not planning to do half time this week. We are going to see how Monday/Tuesday rehearsal goes before making a decision about halftime.
- Don't forget that tickets are sold by the athletic department not the band so please do not bring money to Ms. Reitz
I Need a Lyre and Flipfolder 2020
Wind players must have a lyre and flipfolder before our first game on September 24, 2020. The fastest and easiest way to get these is to order off of Amazon. Flute players come all in one. Everyone else will need to order a flipfolder AND a lyre that is specific to thier instrument. The flip folder comes with pages but if you find you need extra there is a link for those too. Click the links below to get what you need:
Band Family Announcements 9/21/2020
- Our first football game is Thursday (9/24)!
- Call time is in the BHS band room at 5:30 pm.
- We will be feeding students dinner (pizza) before we go into the stadium.
- The game begins at 7:00 (please note this is 30 minutes earlier that our Friday games).
- Students need to wear their solid white tennis shoes with white socks and jeans (no holes in the jeans please). I am hoping our khakis will be here by next week. They will be given their red/white band shirt when they arrive.
- Students must have their Scarlet Knights mask.
- We will be performing the National Anthem, Pregame, and music in the stands. Our first halftime performance will be next week.
- We will not be leaving the stands to visit concessions. However, students will be given a snack during halftime.
- Most games last 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours, depending on the speed of play and the score. I am expecting us to be done around 9:00 pm. I will have students send a message when we reach 4th quarter.
- Don't forget that students must return to the band room at the end of the game for dismissal.
- Students will be dismissed from the band room as soon as our equipment is put away.
- All rehearsals from this point on will be full band and outdoors. We will rehearse on the following schedule:
- Monday 6:00 - 8:30
- Wednesday 3:30 - 5:00 (sectionals AS NEEDED)
- Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 - 6:00 (unless we have a Thursday football game in which case no rehearsal on Thursday, just game)
- Don't forget the balance due on band fees will need to be turned in by Thursday, September 10th. If you will need more time to pay, please let Ms. Reitz know as we can work with you. If you need a scholarship, the form is available in the gray Scarlet Knights 2020 section below.
- A few reminders about outdoor rehearsals:
- Students will be required to wear tennis shoes. The best thing for marching is a good quality running shoe.
- Students will be required to bring water. We will not be able to provide coolers for refilling so a half gallon to gallon jug would be the best thing to ensure they have enough for the whole practice.
- Students will not be allowed to share suncreen or bug spray
- See the band handbook for a list of appropriate rehearsal attire. Students may not wear jeans to outdoor rehearsals.
Scarlet Knights 2020
Band Fee scholarship Form
Band Fee Scholarship Application - Due June 18, 2020
(Remember you MUST complete this application or submit your $75 fee by this date in order to reserve your drill spot.)
Scarlet Knights Handbook, Forms, and Calendar: Printable Versions
All forms (mutual consent, travel permission, medical, uniform info, parent volunteer and shirt fundraiser) are due June 18th, 2020.